The Most Efficient Way to Clean a Bathroom

The Most Efficient Way to Clean a Bathroom

Well hello once again! Welcome to my blog if this is your first time here, or welcome back if you have read my ramblings before!

Today, I have for you, one of my most valuable time savers: How I clean my bathroom (in the fastest, most efficient way possible!) Because, unless you really enjoy cleaning (major respect to you if that is you), who in the world wants to spend lots of time cleaning...ESPECIALLY a bathroom. Have I mentioned how much I dislike cleaning? I do like clean toilets though...I just don't like the process.

Okay, First Things First...

The very first thing I do, is to gather any and all supplies I am going to need. I will include a list of the things I use to clean, but by all means, follow your heart and use what works for you, and what you prefer.

1. Swiffer
2. Swiffer dry cloths and wet mop cloths
3. Cleaning rags (I used to use sponges, but for the most part now, I like to use rags)
4. 409
5. Scrubbing bubbles toilet wand
6. Fillable dish wand (I fill this with 1/2 dawn dish soap and 1/2 white vinegar) 
7. Windex, and a few paper towels.


When I have my supplies gathered, I turn on my favorite upbeat playlist, and get ready to work. 

Order of Operations...

1. The very first thing I do is to flush my toilet, and go at it with my Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Wand. this contraption has literally been the biggest life saver for me. It is fast, and convenient, without the gross factor that I feel always comes with standard toilet brushes. 

When I am done with the quick scrub of the toilet bowl, I don't flush it. I let it sit while I clean the rest of the bathroom. I don't know if this actually makes an impact or not, but I feel like that blue water must be doing some kind of cleaning, right? I don't know, but it makes me feel better.

2. Next, I tackle the shower. I pull out all of the shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc. so that I am able to clean where those items would usually be. 

Then, I take my dish wand filled with dish soap and vinegar (which, by the way, I actually found this idea on Pinterest, and I fell in love with it. I don't know who I originally saw it from, but it has popped up now in multiple places), I get the sponge part nice and wet and give a quick scrub to all of the walls of my shower. Give the walls a good rinse, and go to town on the bathtub part of your shower (if that applies to you). Repeat that scrub and rinse process. 

3. Usually, after cleaning the shower and bathtub, I am feeling kind of tired, so I do something super easy and quick next: The bathroom mirror. I just give it a quick spray with Windex (I like the kind that uses vinegar). Followed by a quick wipe with a paper towel. 

4. Alas, we arrive at the toilet. Thankfully, we don't have a bunch of messy boys in our house, and so our toilet isn't a disaster even if I don't clean it as often as I probably should. So, I give it a quick spray on all surfaces with my 409 (but you can use whatever cleaner you want).

Then, I take one of my cleaning rags, and start at the top of the tank, working my way down to the lid, catching the top and then the underside. It is usually at this point that I swap out for a clean rag, and continue to the top of the seat, followed by the underside. I move on to the rim of the toilet bowl, after which I usually switch out for another rag (or just give my current one a good rinse). I proceed where I left off, continuing top to bottom until I reach the floor. Bah-da-boom! Toilet is done and sparkly clean!

5. You may have noticed, I have saved the sink for one of the very last things. I feel VERY passionately about this one. Let me explain why: If I would have cleaned the sink, and then moved on to clean the toilet, I would have a nice, clean sink, right? But then I would be rinsing out my dirty toilet cleaning cloths into that nice clean sink...making it no longer nice and clean. 

SO, to clean my sink, I use the same dish wand that I used on the shower and tub, scrub all around, and then give it a good rinse. 

6. ALMOST DONE! This is the part of my bathroom cleaning routine where I pick up the rugs from the floor, throw them into the wash, and dry Swiffer (or sweep) my bathroom floor. After that task is complete, I use the Swiffer wet mop to mop the bathroom floor...and we are FINISHED! 

Depending on how long it has been since I have seriously cleaned my bathroom, this method can take me anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. (Also depending on how quickly...or slowly...I am moving that day).

Thanks for reading! 
What are your thoughts? Do you have any suggestions on how to more effectively clean a bathroom? I'd love to hear from you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fool Proof Nap Time Routine

5 Tips for a Toddler in Church

Why the Temperature That You Add Fragrance Oil Matters...