Housewife: What does it mean?

Housewife: What does it mean?

         In today's society, who wants to be a housewife? Why would anyone in their right mind have a desire to stay at home and do housewife-ish things? I mean, with all of the opportunities that women have today in terms of careers, education, athletics, you name it. Feminism has come a long way, which is great! Unfortunately, it seems like society doesn't just allow us to have these opportunities-- I feel in a lot of ways, that it shoves these "opportunities" down our throats. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that should I choose, I could be just about anything I want to be. I can chase my dreams. But, what our society seems to do is to send the message to young women that women in the past worked hard for us to have these opportunities, and that we are belittling their hard work if we don't jump at these opportunities for time consuming careers, or doctoral degrees in just about anything we can imagine. What society doesn't seem to be prepared to accept and support are those young women who want to be a housewife, or a stay at home mom. The women who are happy to emotionally and mentally provide support for their husbands, while ensuring that he has a clean home and warm supper to come home to. (Side note: Is this even what it means to be a housewife?)


       This brings questions to my mind. Things like, What does it mean to be a housewife? What does that look like? Why should a woman consider being a housewife? Why should someone consider being a full time stay at home parent? Let me know what you think! I want to hear from you about your thoughts on the life of a housewife. The good and the bad. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fool Proof Nap Time Routine

5 Tips for a Toddler in Church

Why the Temperature That You Add Fragrance Oil Matters...